Saturday, October 15, 2005

Visited an Astrologer on Thursday...

I had been to an Astrologer last Thurday to consult him on my future. It was a very comical experience actually. As soon as I went it, the person there asked me to write down my name, date of birth and time of birth. Then I was made to wait for about half hour, the fella was supposed searching for scriptures that had my future predicted.Out came a very young fella, probably around 17-18 max, he did bring a set of scriptures and the show started with some hymns.

He started asking questions about my birth day, my past, my father' details, my siblings and mother's details. Except for 2 things, everything else was wrong, and I being the dumb idiot that I am kept correcting him with the right information. After realizing that this was going no where, he said he had brought the wrong scripture and went back to get the right one. After just 10 mins, he was back and the show started again, but this time he was spot on, but then I did not forget the fact that I had told him all this just 10 mins ago!!!!! I played along and confirmed everything and the little bastard did have the balls to ask me 'Have all that I asked you correct?'. Amazingly I did manage to keep my cool, which amazed my sister. As I had confirmed that my life was in line with all the scripture had mentioned, he said that this iwas the right scripture and my life would play out exactly the way the scripture had been written.

After this he brought out a small book and kept writing something with a handwriting even doctors would find hard to decipher. This went on for nearly an hour, then he started 'predicting' my future. he said the usual stuff, marriage, kids, job, money, car....and a long life. After all the glorious predictions, he used the magic word "BUT", then he mentioned that some of my stars were parked at places they were not supposed to be, and I had been a very bad guy in my previous past and had a lot of bad Karma. Coming to the business end of things, he charged me 300 Rs for doing a parrot and repeating whatever I told him. He did talk about a pooja where he would pray to Lord Shiva daily after dark for 96 days, if I compensated his efforts with money, I would live a life that almost all would kill for.

I must admit with the life he promises you once the 'pooja/ceremony' is done, its quite tempting to play safe and pay him to do so. Its quite a convincing act that these guys put up to tell you that can alter destiny! I just paid him the money for the consultation and later told him that I need to talk to my mother first before subscribing to the pooja and got out of there as fast as my recovering legs could take me. Was definitely an amazing experience, nowadays its so cheap to play god!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... i wonder if he predicted spam comments being left on your blog. Gas Card, my left cheek.

It's good to hear you're up and about. Perhaps he's just not a very good fortune teller. Why not try another and see how much the predictions coincide?

I don't put a lot of value in these guys. They can probably give broad predictions, and quite accurately. And it's always good to know what's coming your way, especially if it's bad.

But in the end, I think you have control over most of what happens to you, and more importantly, how you act and react to it.

As for your karma, you're doing good things, baby! Guess you'll have a clean slate soon enough. :)

-AR

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.