Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Ferrari are back, well almost......

To all those who wrote off Ferrari, there you go! I always said Ferrari will not take this lying down and the last race is the proof. A team full of champions and the bad press they received is just PATHETIC. You can clearly see that I was waiting for this, yeah yeah, I know that Schumi did not win it and Barrichello DNF but then Ferrari was found a whole 2 seconds in that car. I was at Sepang in 2001 and Schumi finished third after starting 22nd, and next to that this memory will stay with me.

Now that I got all that off my chest, respect must be given to where its due and stand up Mr. Alonso, to keep a seven-time world champion in a far superior car following you meekly for 12 laps takes some courage doing and I was really surprised that he managed to do just that. Fantastic effort and if at all he wins the championship this year, he truly deserves it for this one performance alone. The sinister Kumar would like to point out the simply amazing traction control of the Renault and Imola being Imola is not a track famous for overtaking, these he thinks aided Alonso but even he cant deny that those 2 factors alone could not have kept the Master tagging with his tails between his legs :( It was a perfect tactical performance.

As far as the Heir to the throne, Mr. Alonso is being mooted to be the one, but my tip is Raikonnen. I think he is the real deal, my thoughts are slightly influenced by the fact that he is a Ferrari fan and I genuinely believe that he will be Schumi's replacement on the No 1 car. The tifosi would like an Italian taking that seat and Trulli is too old to stand a chance and maybe just maybe Fisichella could nick it. Also lets not forget that silly story circulating that Valentino Rossi after getting bored with MotoGP may actually give F1 a shot and he could be behind a Ferrari!

To finish off, my parting shot to those people who thought Ferrari were finished, "Come and talk to me after you clean the egg of your face, it smells!" If you are not still convinced, wait for a fortnight. I almost finished without my regular mention of Narain, again job well done sir. Yet another finish and as long as he keeps completing the race and does better than his teammate, I fully expect to see him back in a better car next season.

No comments: