Tuesday, July 26, 2005

German GP: Its all over

The close up on Schumi’s tyres around lap 40 summed up Ferrari's season. Even after 67 laps it would be hard to find a Michelin that worn out. The stupid commentators kept saying the King's super-charged Qualifying lap and the difference between Rubino's lap and his was mainly due to less fuel load. I wish I was next to those 'B*******' when Schumi pitted on the same lap as Alonso, just 2 laps in front of Rubino. I can’t imagine how you can call yourself a fan if you can tell a 'Schumacher Special' when you see one. This by no means is due to Rubino's inability to work the car; the car is built for the Champion so Rubino is always going to slower or any 2nd driver for that matter. I wish Rubino gets a drive at BAR or BMW because he deserves No 1 Status and I personally would like to see what he can do given a top car and a No 1 Status.

McLaren are flying, their new front wing looked so cool and seemed to make the difference on the day, Kimi clearly outpaced Alonso. Those consecutive fastest laps (lap 21-24) would have taken any McLaren fan to the moon and beyond. Their machinery seems to make even crap drivers go from 20 to 2nd! Seriously speaking, I hate to do this but I do salute Mr. "Bad to not so bad' Montoya for his 2nd place finish after starting from the last. I was very impressed that with the way he took his time when he found himself behind the Schumi/Button battle, the Montoya we knew would have got stuck in immediately and most probably taken atleast one out.

As for this season, its Alonso's or atleast it’s his to lose. I don’t see Renault going off the boil that drastically and few more podium finishes should see him being crowned as the 'Youngest' F1 World Champion, a far cry from his Minardi days! Congratulations to him, he was slightly lucky but then he still had to be there at 2nd and was consistently quicker than the rest of the pack (His fastest lap was a good half second faster than Montoya's).

Returning to the King, I feel really sorry for him and the team. I am sure if it was anything to do with the car itself he would be at it by now, but unfortunately it’s the tyres and armed with feedback from only 3 teams (Out of which 2 are Jordan and Minardi), Bridgestone cannot be blamed for not matching Michelin. All these irritatinly recurrent calls for him to retire should be from people who dont understand the sport, the King still has not lost anything and is actually compensating for the poor package he is on. Him keeping his 2nd place all the way till the 40th lap deserves special praise, the whole team I am sure are very proud people and all this hurt will be channeled to bounce back next year. Remember it not about falling but about how fast you can get back up. Ferrari will return and it will be this team who will do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

I love kumarsthoughts.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards